Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dos Santos adds to Galatasaray options

Galatasaray AŞ have continued their January recruitment drive by signing Mexico striker Giovani Dos Santos on loan from Tottenham Hotspur FC until the end of the season with the option of making the deal permanent.

Reunited
Dos Santos joins Lucas Neill and Jô in moving from the Premier League this month to Istanbul, where he will hope to feature more prominently than he did in the first half of the campaign. The 20-year-old made only three appearances – two in the League Cup – and spent the latter part of last term on loan at second-tier Ipswich Town FC. Capped 22 times by Mexico, Dos Santos burst onto the scene at FC Barcelona in 2007/08 when Cimbom coach Frank Rijkaard was in charge at Camp Nou. He told Mexican radio: "I'm very happy because I'll work with a coach I know very well. Joining Galatasaray is an opportunity for me because I need to play regularly in order to recover my rhythm and form." Galatasaray play Club Atlético de Madrid in the UEFA Europa League round of 32, with the first leg at the Vicente Calderón on 18 February.

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template